A few tips to find work as a Marsec or CP operative
* Join a Maritime or CP association
* Join a Security forum like CPD or CPW
* Spend time on LinkedIn networking with as many people as you can
* Attend as many security events as you can and network with as many professionals as possible
* Make sure you have a smartphone with internet access and your emails on your phone as most companies don't phone you, it is all done via email.
* Make sure your CV is up to date, clean and well built. (If you send a CV that looks like trash you will be considered like trash and the CV will be put in the trash without being read).
* Always include a cover letter when applying.
* Don't send your CV putting all the companies in cc, your CV will be binned.
* Be professional on all the assignments and operations you are given, word of mouth is important and so is reputation, be professional and be trusted, if you are trusted you will get work.
* Invest in yourself, market yourself, see yourself as a company, invest in your appearance (Gym, Clothes, Haircut, facial creams etc...) This is no joke your appearance counts and if you look clean and healthy people want to hire you. Invest in your cover letters and buy some nice paper, invest in business cards, and a website for yourself.
* Start a blank sheet of paper and start carrying out some good intelligence, where do you want to work and where, who works there? Draw up a list of companies you want to apply to and carry out intel on them and their history and mention it when you apply for work.
* If you send out your CV follow up with a call
The above are just basics and a few examples of how to find work. The most important is to always remain professional and to never give up. Don't just sit there and wait for the job to come to you, get out there and keep at it until a job turns up.